The phrase “personal information” refers to information by which you or the device you are using to connect to the Internet can be identified.
We may obtain personal information about you from various sources, including this and other Direct Focus Online websites, mobile, when you call or email us or communicate with us through social media. We also may obtain information about you from our affiliate or subsidiary companies.
The types of personal information we may obtain include:
• Your contact information (such as name, postal and email address, or phone number)
• Information you provide by interacting with us through social media
• Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties
We also may use third-party website analytics tools (such as Google Analytics), that collect information about visitor traffic on our sites. The information we may collect by automated means includes:
• Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet
• URLs that refer visitors to our sites
• Dates and times of visits to our sites
• Information on actions taken on our sites (such as page views and site navigation patterns)
• A general geographic location from which a visitor accesses our websites
• Search terms that visitors use to reach our sites
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
• Provide services you request
• Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support
• Communicate with you about our services, and offers
• Enable you to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks and other interactive media
• Operate, evaluate and improve our business and services we offer
• Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies
• Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our sites, mobile applications and social media assets
• Protect against and prevent fraud, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users
• Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies
Information We Share
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order), (ii) in response to a request by law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell, merge or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Following such a sale, merger or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
We offer you certain choices about what information we collect from you, how we use and disclose the information, and how we communicate with you.
You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal information. We will apply your preferences going forward.
Here are the choices we offer:
You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails or by adjusting your email preferences using the online account you may establish on our sites.
Direct Focus Online may use web analytics to track and generate reports on visitor use of Direct Focus Online. We use web analytics to analyze visitor activity so that we may better understand how visitors make use of www.dfo.global, and so that we may better tailor content to meet our visitors’ needs. However, no personally identifiable information is shared with the web analytics service provider. Visitors who wish to opt-out of this website analysis tool may do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Other Websites
Our websites may contain links to other sites for your convenience and information. Linked sites may have their own privacy policies, which you should review if you visit those websites. We are not responsible for the content of any websites not affiliated with Direct Focus Online, any use of those sites, or those sites’ privacy practices.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative and technical safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the personal information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective.
Direct Focus Online does not direct its websites to children under the age of thirteen. If we learn that a user is under eighteen years of age, we will promptly delete any personal information that the individual has provided to us.
Notice to California Residents
California Civil Code section 1798.83 requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California customers asking about the business’ practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Alternately, such businesses may have in place a policy not to disclose personal information of customers to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes if the customer has exercised an option to opt out of such information sharing. If you wish to opt out of our sharing of your information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, please contact us as described in the How to Contact Us section below.
How to Contact Us
Effective Date: November 29, 2016